Why, hello there. Good to have you here. I’m Abidemi Sanusi, author and owner/founder of this website. I’ve had what you may call a portfolio career, ranging from being a human rights worker, to running my own content agency, specialising in the FinTech (financial and technology), and legal sectors. In between, I’ve also managed stints at the UN and the UK Cabinet Office, and written for the UK Guardian newspaper and The Author, amongst other publications.
Writing and publishing pedigree (just in case you were wondering…)
I’ve written books across all genres; from inspirational (writing as Levi Read), to general fiction, to ghostwriting and business writing, with some foreign language translations of my books, thrown in between. I’ve also been nominated for the prestigious Commonwealth Writers’ Prize (dahling!). I didn’t win, but neither did the Booker Prize and Nobel Prize winners I was competing against, so it’s all good with the universe 😉
About this website
This website is for:
- people who would like to write books
- solopreneurs/freelancers/small business owners who want to write content that converts,
- and freelancers who would like to grow their writing business.
If you’re a fan of my books, Bald Glasses is my author blog. This website is for writers who would like develop their skills and grow their brand.
What’s so great about abidemi.tv?
Glad you asked! For starters, everything you read on this website comes from a place of experience and not from theory. I:
- am a published author (traditional and self-published), so can speak, teach and train from both sides of the fence and from practical experience
- have been a freelancer, so I know what it takes to make it and stay there
- ran my own writing business, a boutique content agency, with clients ranging from Symantec to easyhotel.com, and I employed freelancers, so can advise you on what NOT to do to get those writing projects, and most important, develop your brand and your business
- have written in a range of industries (business writing – B2B and B2C) and book genres (inspirational and general fiction, ghostwriting and more), so can provide authoritative advice and guidance on writing and publishing.
When it comes to improving your writing skills and growing your writing business, you want people who talk from experience, and lived to tell the tale, and that’s what abidemi.tv does. The tagline for this website is write better, make more. This means that everything you read on this website is aimed at improving your writing skills (whether as an author, business writer or a freelancer), first, and then equipping you with the tools to develop your brand and your business, second. Everything goes back to the writing. To put it another way: the writing is everything, and we’ve got some writing tools to help you write better and make more.
Then you simply must check out our freelance templates. It’s designed for freelancers and creative SMEs who have much better things to do (like writing and making money) than creating a business system from scratch. It’s got tried and tested templates, from pitching for projects, to getting paid (and even, firing clients). In short, everything you need to make your writing business a success. Check.it.out.
We offer two services for corporates:
This is a boutique service for businesses who want something different for their team building days than going rock climbing with the boss. Want to know more? Drop us a line via the contact form.
Become a corporate member and get access to all our business writing courses. With courses ranging from SEO Copywriting, How to Write Business Blogs that Convert, to Effective Email Writing and more, isn’t it time you became a corporate member?
Follow us (online, not offline, obvs)
You can connect with us on the following social media networks:
By the way, our hashtag is #abidemitv
We support the No Project and Africans Unite Against Child Abuse (AFRUCA). Two great anti-trafficking organisations doing AMAZING work campaigning against sexual slavery and human trafficking. Please support them!
Stay connected. Subscribe to:
- UPDATES: Our newsletter featuring useful resources and digital tools for writers.
One more thing…
Just so you know; there are some affiliate links on this website. This means that abidemi.tv receives a small fee (at NO cost to you), if you decide to purchase the products/services we recommend. As most of the information on this website is free, every little helps! We only recommend products/services that we either use or are highly regarded in the industry – your trust is important to us. Thanks for dropping by, and do come by again! Abidemi xxx